We're Here to Help
We’re available when you need us, from 24/7 credit or debit card help, to live chat, email and more. Search our FAQs below!
No. To fully verify the closing of the loan, members must call the contact center. This ensures that members pay off the proper amount and get their necessary documentation (e.g. a car title).
You can check your balance several ways:
1) Log in to online banking and look at your account details.
2) Visit a retail center or ATM.
3) Call the Member Account Line (540-982-8809 or 1-800-666-8809).
4) Activate text banking (via online banking) and text “BAL” to 454545.
Our routing number is 251482833.
You can transfer money into another member's account in any retail center, over the phone with the Contact Center, or using the mobile app; however, you MUST have the member number for the account you want to transfer money into. For the security of our members, Member One cannot transfer money into any account without the member’s account number. If you want to transfer money to someone who isn’t a member, you can conduct external transfers via online banking. You’ll have to enter the recipient’s email or phone number, and they’ll be contacted to initiate the transfer. There is a fee for external transfers.
Please be aware that our retail centers will be closed or have limited operating hours on certain holidays.
- Monday, January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 21 – President’s Day
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
- Monday, June 20 - Juneteenth National Independence Day
- Monday, July 4 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 5 – Labor Day
- Monday, October 10 – Columbus Day
- Friday, November 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 24 – Thanksgiving Day
- Saturday, December 24 – Christmas Eve (Closes at 12 PM or 1 PM based on normal retail center hours)
- Monday, December 26 – Christmas Day (observed)
- Saturday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve (Closes at 12 PM or 1 PM based on normal retail center hours )
- Monday, January 2, 2023 - New Year's Day (observed)
Yes, we do! Please use these instructions for any wires within the United States. You will need to provide this information to the bank that is sending the wire to your Member One account.
Bank Name: Member One Federal Credit Union
Bank Address: PO Box 12288 Roanoke, VA 24024
Beneficiary Name: Name of the Member receiving the transfer
Beneficiary Address: Address of the Member receiving the transfer
Beneficiary Account #: Member One Account Number of the Member receiving the transfer
By switching your auto loan to Member One, we may be able to reduce your payment.
For purchase transactions, Member One requires a 20% down payment, we can finance the remaining 80% of the purchase price or the appraised value, the lesser of the two.
No, the max maturity for all of our real estate secured loans is 15 years; however, we do offer some balloon options. This means the loan still balloons at 15 years, but the payments are amortized over an extended period as far as 25 years.
You'll be financing your investment locally and receive fast decisioning based on local underwriting.
Home equity is the difference between the appraised value of your home and the amount you still owe on your mortgage.
Borrowing against home equity gives you cash on hand to pay for things that matter most, whether it’s a planned home remodel or an emergency need. There are two primary options: a fixed-rate home equity loan, or a home equity line of credit.
Your home equity builds over time, but there are a few ways you might be able to build it a little faster:
- Make extra mortgage payments: If you can afford to make higher mortgage payments than your minimum or even make an extra payment each year, you will knock off money from your loan's principal!
- Home improvements: Making home renovations can increase your value as well. This can be anything from renovating your kitchen to updating your windows to adding new flooring. The list goes on! Some home improvements make a bigger impact than others, so be sure to do your research first!
Typically they’re looking to steal your name, social security number, credit card information, passwords, or other sensitive identifying information.
At Member One FCU, we take every precaution to protect your personal information. And we encourage you to do the same.
Yes, you can make transfers to any Member One FCU member
Two business days are required for processing.
Member One could impose transfer limits from your savings account each month. You may have exceeded this amount.
Go to memberonefcu.com and follow the password reset instructions.
Text message notifications are not sent in real time. Generally, they are sent at 12:00 pm ET each day.
Yes. The Smartwatch App allows you to check the balance of various accounts and the location of our ATMs and retail centers.
This type of loan is potentially available for veterans, citizens in rural areas, individuals within eligible income limits and/or home price limits, and others as well. If you have questions, please contact our team.
Signing up for online banking can be completed entirely online. Simply click the teal "Log In" button in the top right corner of any page on the Member One website. Once the pop-up box appears, click on the "Enroll in Online Banking" link near the bottom and you'll be guided through the process of setting up online banking.
If you need help, you may also:
- Stop by any of our 15 retail centers.
- Call our Member Contact Center at 540-982-8811 or 1-800-666-8811
Simply put, not much. Credit unions issue Share Certificates to their members, while banks issue certificates of deposit (CDs) . Share Certificates are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), while CDs are insured up to the same amount by a different institution. Both are great, low-risk ways to save for big upcoming purchases. With such a high, guaranteed rate of return, they also serve as great short-term investments.
It's important to note that you once you make your initial deposit, if you access that money before the certificate matures, you won't receive all the interest you've earned on that investment. Before opening a Share Certificate, take a look at what other investment and savings options Member One has to offer!
This particular product really is second-to-none in offering low risk, as far as term, and top-tier return. Planning ahead for a dream vacation, college tuition, or something else on the horizon? This could be the financial solution for you! Due to their high rate of return, they also work wonderfully as short-term savings solutions. They work best for those who, because of the withdrawal penalty, can be without that money until the share certificate has matured.