External Social Media and Online Use Guidelines
Member One Federal Credit Union enjoys engaging with our members and communities through online sites, such as Facebook™, Twitter™, LinkedIn™, and others. We create pages on these sites to use as a tool to share information about our Credit Union, to help serve our members, and to build meaningful relationships.
When visiting our online sites and pages, you will encounter posts and comments made by us as well as those made by members of the public. Please know that in many cases, these comments have not been previously approved by us, and we are neither responsible for nor endorse any views expressed on our pages other than our own.
We have certain expectations of those who choose to communicate with us through our pages, which are laid out below. When using our pages, you are consenting to these conditions without limitation or qualification. In addition, we reserve the right to remove any content from our pages for any reason.
1. Be kind.
We believe in treating others the way we want to be treated, and that is especially important in an online environment. We expect anyone who is posting or commenting on any of our pages to be kind, and stick to comments about topics and issues on our pages – not about individuals.
We will remove posts or comments that are libelous, profane, defamatory, disparaging, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, or personal attacks.
2. Be honest and lawful.
We work very hard to provide content that is factual on our pages to the best of our ability, and we ask that you ensure the truthfulness of your content as well. In addition, we expect you to follow laws and regulations.
We will remove posts or comments that are dishonest and/or condone or promote any activity that violates local, state, federal, and/or international laws or regulations.
3. Don’t spam.
Maintaining the integrity of our online pages and the content contained on them is very important to us. We constantly monitor our sites to ensure they are protected from spamming and unsolicited advertising. We ask that you not use our pages to promote your company, service, or product.
We will remove posts or comments that are fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, or contain spam, or are intended to cause technical disruptions to our page(s).
We will remove any posts or comments that are made for the purpose of solicitation or advertising.
4. Maintain your privacy and security.
We take your privacy very seriously, but in order to protect it fully, you should exercise caution as well. Never post any personal, financial, or other sensitive information on our pages. If you do so, we will remove it and ask you to communicate with us through a more secure and confidential channel. In addition, know that we will never ask you for any sensitive account information through social media. And finally, while we are not collecting personal information about you other than what you choose to share with us while visiting our pages, the social media sites themselves may be.
We suggest you review your privacy settings as well as the privacy policies of these sites so you fully understand what information they collect.
In addition to adhering to the above expectations, please keep in mind the following:
- Our pages are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will assume that any younger children are under the supervision of their parent or guardian, and that any posts or comments made by those children have been approved by the responsible adult.
- We reserve the right to block any visitors to our pages (including Credit Union members) who have used our pages in a manner that we deem inappropriate.
- We are under no obligation to remove content or block users even though we reserve the right to do so. In some cases, we may be limited by technical ability.
- We don’t endorse, condone, or accept responsibility or liability for any third-party content we include on our sites.
- Anyone who submits content to our social media sites grants us the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, edit, and further use the content in Credit Union marketing without payment or compensation.
- Member One logos, trademarks, and icons may be used by us in social media postings, but they are proprietary to our Credit Union. They are not to be used in any form without written permission from Member One.