Do you know about all the amazing places the New River Valley has to offer? It's a special place to experience incredible outdoor adventures, attend amazing festivals and events, and enjoy a wide variety of eateries and shops in the towns and cities that make up this beautiful region of Virginia.
Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, and Pulaski counties, as well as the city of Radford, make up the New River Valley, which of course, is named for the New River which flows through the region.
Places to Visit
The New River Valley offers a little bit of everything to its visitors
- Virginia Tech
- Home of the Hokies! It's hard to think of the NRV and not think of Tech. From Lane Stadium, to the Drillfield, to Burruss Hall, the campus is always beautiful and fun to explore.
- Mountain Lake Lodge
- Any Dirty Dancing fans out there? This hotel served as a filming location for the iconic 1987 film!
- The Floyd Country Store
- This country store is located in the heart of Floyd, Virginia, and hosts the famous Friday Night Jamboree! As you can see, it's the kind of music that makes you get on your feet!
We wanted to highlight a few incredible hikes across the New River Valley!
- Cascade National Recreation Trail
- A waterfall in Southwest Virginia? Yup! This 4-mile loop takes hikers to a breathtaking 66-foot waterfall and swimming hole.
- Bald Knob Trail
- Take a look at that sunset! This 0.8-mile out-and-back trail in Giles County won't break your back and the view is incredible!
- Claytor Lake State Park
- Not so much a hike, this 472-acre park offers different trails for visitors to enjoy - whether you're walking or biking! The lake itself is the result of a dam built on the New River, just south of Radford, in 1939.
Music, fall and... kilts? The NRV sure does offer a wide variety of festivals each year!
- Sinkland Farms Pumpkin Festival
- For more than 30 years, Sinkland Farms has held this festival jam-packed of all things FALL. Visitors can enjoy food, local vendors, horseback rides, and of course - pumpkins!
- Highlander Festival
- Held at Radford University, this festival feels like a trip to Scotland or Ireland. With heavyweight games, sheepherding and of course, food, this isn't a fall festival you want to miss!
- While this music festival is technically in Patrick County, it's only a stone's throw away from Floyd County, so it makes the list! Located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, every July, thousands gather to enjoy this celebration of music, art and life.
Member One Can Help You On the Go!
Access your account information wherever you are! Our free app is available for Apple, Android, and Amazon devices. Click here to learn more.
Need to deposit a check, but you're too busy exploring? Simply snap a picture to deposit money in your account! Click here to learn more.
With ClickSWITCH! It has never been easier to change banks!