With our highest rate of return on one of our shortest-term share certificates, Member One can help you put your money to work with minimal commitment. This 15-month share certificate offers 3.25% APY* with a minimum balance of just $1,000.*
How Can I Open One?
Member One offers three ways to open a share certificate:
- From our website. Just log into your Online Banking account, hover over Additional Services and click Open a Deposit/Loan Account. When the new window opens, click Existing Member Account, then click Certificate Account and then add the "+" sign next to the 15-month Certificate and complete the process.
- Visit one of our 15 retail center locations.
- Already a member and have the funds in your Member One accounts? Just call 800.666.8811 and one of our Contact Center team members can assist you.
This Share Certificate offers amazing benefits!
How Does Your Rate Compare to Other Credit Unions and Banks?
We want you to know you're getting the most savings with us, so we've done the research for you! We've even linked out to our competitor's websites so you know our Share Certificate is the best out there!
- Atlantic Union Bank - 1.50% APY, $1,000 minimum, 13-month CD
- Bank of Botetourt - 2.02% APY, $2,500 minimum, 16-month CD
- Carter Bank & Trust - 1.50% APY, $1,000 minimum, 23-month CD
- Freedom First Credit Union - 2.50% APY, $25,000 minimum, 6-month Share Certificate
- National Bank - 0.03% APY, $500 minimum, 18-month CD
- Truist - 0.05% APY, $1,000 minimum, 6-month CD
- ValleyStar Credit Union - 3.04% APY, $10,000 minimum, 24-month Share Certificate
- Wells Fargo - 1.50% APY, $5,000 minimum, 9-month CD
Competitor Rates as of Sept. 22, 2022
Here are the answers to some common questions you may have about Share Certificates:
This particular product really is second-to-none in offering low risk, as far as term, and top-tier return. Planning ahead for a dream vacation, college tuition, or something else on the horizon? This could be the financial solution for you! Due to their high rate of return, they also work wonderfully as short-term savings solutions. They work best for those who, because of the withdrawal penalty, can be without that money until the share certificate has matured.
It's important to note that you once you make your initial deposit, if you access that money before the certificate matures, you won't receive all the interest you've earned on that investment. Before opening a Share Certificate, take a look at what other investment and savings options Member One has to offer!
Simply put, not much. Credit unions issue Share Certificates to their members, while banks issue certificates of deposit (CDs) . Share Certificates are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), while CDs are insured up to the same amount by a different institution. Both are great, low-risk ways to save for big upcoming purchases. With such a high, guaranteed rate of return, they also serve as great short-term investments.
*APY means Annual Percentage Yield. 15-month rate effective as of 9/1/2022. Rate applies only to new share certificates and is subject to change at account renewal. The disclosed dividend rate is subject to a $1,000 minimum balance. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawals and fees may reduce earnings. Other restrictions may apply. This promotion is subject to change or end at any time. Membership eligibility required. Federally insured by NCUA.
Experience the credit union difference with great options for every stage of life, modern-day conveniences you expect, and local, personalized service.